Our client is a leading tier 1 bank, and is in the process of building a green field market making platform. The core electronic trading platform will be developed using Java and Python, with the legacy system migrated over in 2012.
The current team is made up of 4 highly experienced technologists and due to current and future workload they need to hire three more exceptional developers to the team. This market making platform, once developed will be rolled out across all key commodities and associated derivatives.
In addition this green field opportunity has been earmarked by the CIO as a key focus for 2012 and as such has full business backing, and is the perfect fit for an extremely talented and ambitious Java/Python developer looking to make their mark.
Successful applicants will be business facing as the bank want technologists to be working with the traders rather than BA’s, be able to understand the business need, implement that appropriate system in an appropriate manner so as to future proof the firms technology.
The client is looking for a Java/Python developer with a strong association with the following skills:
• Excellent knowledge of core Java, Python or similar language
• Must be seen as an expert in your field in your current role
• Ideally have a minimum of 3 years in an electronic trading environment
• Good Knowledge of e-trading including good working knowledge of FIX connectivity
• Low latency / high volume trading systems
• Experience of working within the front office arena and directly with traders and marketers
Preferably with experience in banking although this is non-essential if supported by relevant strengths in other areas.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Java/Python developer with knowledge of FIX protocol to start 2012 in one of the key e-trading projects in the City.